b. 1979, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Laura Rich was born in Wiltshire in 1979 and studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Bath Spa University College, gaining a BA Hons in 2001.
Laura’s contemporary landscape paintings are sold in galleries across England and are held in private collections internationally.
In 2014 she was commissioned to create 64 contemporary paintings for bedroom suites on board the new P&O cruise liner Britannia.
In 2016 she was commissioned to provide 30 paintings to go on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 in the refurbished Kings Court Restaurant.
Laura continues to work on commercial projects and private commissions and regularly sells work to interior designers for placement in clients’ homes.
I take inspiration from the Wiltshire downland and Dorset coastline within easy reach of my home. My paintings are created using many layers of narrative; I hope my work provokes a memory or stirs an emotion in the onlooker. I am not concerned with the figurative aspect of the landscape itself, although it is always my starting point, moreover I want to capture the emotion of the moment I was there and how it mirrors the experience of many others who have stood there before me and will after.Laura Rich, 2020
- Bils and Rye Gallery, North Yorkshire.
- Gallery By The Lakes, Dorset.
- Westcroft Gallery, Cornwall. (Website coming soon)
INVITED EXHIBITIONS 2007 – 2021
- Dorset Arts Weeks – Gallery By The Lakes, Dorset – 22 May to 6th June 2021
- ‘Petrichor’ Solo show at Gallery By The Lakes, Dorset.
- Open for Art Dorset with Gallery By The Lakes, Dorset.
- Wylye Valley Art Trail 2019.
- Westcroft Summer Show.
- 166th Open Exhibition at the Royal West of England Academy, Bristol. Selected artist.
- ‘Resurrection from another time’ – Katy Brown and Laura Rich at Westcroft Gallery, Cornwall.
- Reading Contemporary Art Fair – represented by Junction Gallery, Oxford.
- Cambridge Art Fair with Bils and Rye Gallery, North Yorkshire.
- Henley Festival, Henley on Thames, invited artist.
- Air, Land, Water group show at A2 Gallery, Wells, Somerset.
- Spring show Junction Art Gallery, Oxford.
- Royal West of England Academy, Bristol – 163rd Annual Open Exhibition – Work Selected.
- Harrogate International Visual Arts Expo 2015 Represented by Bils and Rye Gallery.
- ‘Downland’ paintings by Laura Rich and David O’Connor ? exhibition at Studio53 Gallery, Salisbury, Wiltshire.
- ’14 Welcomes’, Shaftesbury Arts Centre, Dorset.
- Dorset Arts Week, Higher Green Farm Arts, Twyford, Shaftesbury, Dorset.
- Affordable Art Fair Bristol – Leonora Martin Fine Art.
- ’13 welcomes’ group exhibition – Shaftesbury Art Centre, Dorset.
- Summer Exhibition, Studio 53 Space, Salisbury, Wilts.
- In-House Contemporary Gallery, Mere, Wilts.
- Open Studio – Cheesehouse Studios, Mere, Wilts.
- Pure – Studio53, Salisbury, Wilts.
- Open Exhibition – Black Swan Gallery, Frome, Somerset.